Hardware Engineering Manager
Datum der VeröffentlichungJanuar 26, 2023
Hardware Engineering Manager
Business: GE Healthcare
Job Number: R3694648
Job Description Summary
Managers of people from multiple families within the function. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Hardware Engineering Manager – Ultrasound, GE HealthCare Austria, Zipf
In this key position you will report directly to the site engineering manager. Together with your team of around 30 people from the electronics, mechanics, safety & regulatory and change management departments, you ensure technological leadership and compliance with international quality guidelines and regulatory requirements for high-tech products in the global diagnostic ultrasound market.
You will work closely with our global suppliers and partners of our ultrasound organization and maintain our contacts with high-tech companies and partner universities.
The consistent implementation of customer needs as well as resource, budget, and technical project planning in coordination with the project and engineering department leaders complete your task profile.
We are addressing communicative and committed personalities with a profound technical background (TU/FH electrical engineering, mechatronics, robotics, technical physics or similar) and several years of project management experience in a global environment. In addition to distinctive leadership qualities and enjoying the further development of a powerful team, you also have experience with quality management systems (ideally in the automotive, aircraft industry or medical technology sectors).
- Functional leadership of the team, including recruitment, team/talent development, skill set improvement, and mentoring
- Design and implement strategies to organize Hardware Engineering Group to ensure maximum output.
- Resource assignment and prioritization including headcount and base cost budget
- Drive continuous improvement of products and processes with focus to quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory, compliance, and cost
- Develop and implement strategies to improve products for better yield and reliability
- Instilling a rigorous approach to target costing for new products and driving cost out of existing products
- Leading change through creative solutions to unstructured product and system design issues
- Optimizing team’s participation in all phases of product development
- Supporting existing products within Manufacturing, Sourcing, Service and Supplier Quality Engineering
- Collaborate with AME/ME/Sourcing/MFG/Suppliers to transform new product design into mass production
- Analyze and resolve interdepartmental issues within Engineering and x-functional
- Coordinate with various vendors and contract manufacturers as required.
- Supervise various projects implementation as per schedule and report development to leadership team
- Strong communication skills, assertive networker with higher technical education (university, technical college) in the field of mechatronics, electrical engineering, electronics, or similar with minimum 10+ years of industry experience.
- Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision.
- Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition.
- Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices
- Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
- Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance.
- Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
- Influences through others; builds direct and „behind the scenes“ support for ideas.
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
- Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
- Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices.
- Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE HealthCare. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems
We offer a competitive compensation package above the eligible collective agreement Elektro- Elektronikindustrie. Your compensation will be based on your qualification and experience. We will be discussing the compensation components together with you during the interview process.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE HealthCare is a leading worldwide innovator in medical technology, pharmaceutical diagnostics, and digital solutions. Our contributions to healthcare enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions, thanks to intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. Our people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE HealthCare’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.gehealthcare.com
Ausgefallene Terrassen-Möbel Vasen und Hocker online kaufen!